I'm going off for a 10 day family vacation to the Kangaroo-land down under!
I shall come back with tons... tons of cookbooks! (hopefully!)
Anyhow... I made buns last week, but I totally forgot to snap good looking pictures as by the time they were ready, it was already late at night!
Those buns were very delightful because, taste-wise, it was the best buns I've made so far. Shape-wise, I need more practice of course....
The recipe had me produce four loaves of sweet bread.
I varied the filling between cheese, rice chocolate, and chocolate-cheese.
During the process of bread proofing, I was a bit anxious about the result. I've waited for quite a while and the dough didn't proof as much as when I made bread with other recipes. But they became so huge during baking, thus being the perfect size for loaf bread.
Roti Sobek (Tear-Off Buns?)
from Primarasa Femina
750 g bread flour
250 g all purpose flour
15 g instant yeast
250 g granulated sugar
100 g powdered milk
15 g salt
200 g unsalted butter
5 egg yolks
500 ml water
1. Mix bread flour, all purpose flour, yeast, sugar, milk, and salt. Mix in butter and keep mixing with hands until they become small crusts.
2. Insert egg yolks. Add in water little by little while kneading, until the dough become mixed properly and not sticking in your hands.
3. Turn dough into a big ball, cover with plastic and humid cloth until it becomes twice its original size, for around 60 minutes.
Gently punch the dough down and divide them into small balls (50 gr each) and leave it again for second proofing, around 20-30 minutes.
4. Grease loaf pans with butter and flour. Press the doughs and roll them one by one. Place them next to each other in the loaf pans.
For me, because I put fillings in my doughs, After I pressed the dough I added in my desired fillings before rolling and placing them in the loaf pans.
Sit the doughs once more for 60 mins.
5. Preheat oven to 350ºF / 180ºC and bake for around 45 minutes.